Thursday, August 7, 2008

Setting Up Your Class for Less!

At my school, it is almost an on-going joke when the teachers ask me, "Where did you get that?" I respond with, "The Dollar Store."

I love searching for teacher bargains at Dollar Stores but I have to say that Dollar Tree has a nice little "line" devoted to teachers called "The Teaching Tree." In addition to their teaching products for classroom they have a MUST HAVE for every teacher: LABELS!


You can get 15 sheets of 30 labels for a dollar plus tax. The envelopes and labels number is 5160.


They even have clear labels!


I use labels for everything. I label the students' writing boxes, folders, spirals, bins, and turn in boxes.

To make labels even more useful, I like to use different types of fonts, styles of printing. Here are my two favorite places to find fonts.
I have been using FAMOUS and RETRO fonts since the 70's and 80's are coming back. All I have to say to that is ..RAD!


My theme on my door is "Who Wants To Be A Fourth Grader?"

I used my projector to show the image of "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire," edited the image in Paint to put Fourth Grader, and traced the image onto poster board.

I used large replica bills from Dollar Tree and labeled them with my students' names.
What ideas are you playing around with for your bulletin board this year? I would love to hear it. Post a comment!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I'd love to add it to my blog roll over at a new site I've been working on.

Mrs. T.
http://www.classroomhacks.org

Amitch said...

Mrs. T,
Thanks! I would love to be added to your blog roll. I will check out your site!
Annie

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!