Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thing #7 You Give Me the "Google"bumps!

I created an igoogle page for my home computers and my computers at school. There is an excellent brain teaser theme tools addition that I use in the classroom. My G.T. kids especially enjoy this feature as well as all kids. Here is a great one.
Help! A Remainder is Chasing Me
I just found a number with an interesting property:

When I divide it by 2, the remainder is 1.
When I divide it by 3, the remainder is 2.
When I divide it by 4, the remainder is 3.
When I divide it by 5, the remainder is 4.
When I divide it by 6, the remainder is 5.
When I divide it by 7, the remainder is 6.
When I divide it by 8, the remainder is 7.
When I divide it by 9, the remainder is 8.
When I divide it by 10, the remainder is 9.
It's not a small number, but it's not really big, either.
Find the smallest number with such property.

Plus random cat pictures, Bejeweled, and National Geographic picture of the day.
I also like Google Earth. Students are able to find our school and their house. We also used it to view our "virtual" vacation we planned in mathematics. Students were given a budget of $5,000 and had to figure in the cost of flight, hotel, car, and attractions. Google Earth allowed students to see their featured destination without having to actually go there. Very Cool Tool!

1 comment:

VWB said...

we can't see your I-google page because we can't sign in as you!
If there are features you would like us to see ...take a screen shot and share it that way!